The Suzana Monastery was built in 1740 by a faithful woman from Săcele-Brasov, by the name of Suzana Arsicu, as a log church.
After 100 years, the wooden church dedicated to St. Nicholas, due to the weather conditions, has become impractical and it was replaced in 1840 by another church, built of stone with the help of Bishop Chesarie of Buzau and of the believers, having as Reverend the mother Suzana Albuleţ.
The Church from today is built in the years 1880-1882. The church painting is executed in oil and belongs to Peter Nicolau, a disciple of the painter George Tattarescu.
The second church of the monastery, dedicated to the Holy Virgin Protection, was built in 1911.
Phone number: 0244.294.278