Campina has always had not only an important economic role in the region,but also cultural, attesting homes of some illustrious Romanian painters and writers, as: Nicolae Grigorescu, B.P. Haşdeu, I. Eliade-Rădulescu, C. Istrati etc.
You can visit :
- the Iulia Haşdeu Castle, built between 1893-1896 by B.P. Haşdeu in the memory of his dead daughter, who died at a young age;
- The Nicolae Grigorescu Memorial Museum, an old inn where the painter Nicolae Grigorescu established in 1892 and which today houses more than 100 paintings and drawings from different periods of his artistic creation;
- The Roman Catholic Church of Saint Anthony of Padua old by 102 years;
- The Church "at Han", also called "The Church at Brazi", built in 1883.
Ancient religious buildings that can be visited are :
- the St Nicholas church (1714) of the old Slobozia hermitage,
- the Holy Trinity Church (1828)
- St. Anthony Catholic Church (1903-1906), built in a Romanesque style.
Sports fans of all kinds can findhere various ways of practicing,for example besides swimming here you can practice cycling, horse riding and even motocross.